In this episode, Shahin and Ryan talked about the new book by Todd and Ryan’s Fixing Your Scrum. Todd and Ryan wrote this book together and published it in Jan 2020.
We talked about various topics, and mentioned some people including the following:
- Agile For Human Podcast
- 242 pages of fixing Scrum v.s. 15 pages of Scrum Guide
- Scrum meetings go overboard
- Decision Making Frameworks
- Fixing Your Process, it’s bigger than Scrum even!
- Who this book is useful for?
- Approaches for Leadership to elevate Scrum
- Scrum.org Community
If you are interested to get a copy, you can get your copy of the book here:
In this short episode, Shahin will be talking about what the Lean On Agile Show is. How it started and what you can expect from it.
We referred to the following podcasts:
You can also find a list of podcasts I recommend on Shahin’s blog here
For the second episode, Shahin had the honor to talk with Johanna on the topic of Speaking at Conferences, tips and tricks on it and how to become a better one. She recently wrote the book “Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts”. We discussed the book as well. If you are thinking of starting your speaking journey, We recommend to listen to the show and highly recommend to read her book.
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” provides frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams see and solve their problems, resolve risks, and manage their product development. Johanna is the author of seventeen books and hundreds of articles. Find the Pragmatic Manager, a monthly email newsletter, and her blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
Her new book: Write a Conference Proposal the Conference Wants and Accepts
Resources from the podcast:
Welcome to Lean on Agile Podcast, a podcast about Agile & Beyound. I’m your host, Shahin.
This is our first episode. The topics we are covering in this episode:
- How to Start in Agile Certifications?
- What is Certification?
- What are my thoughts about them?
- What does it show?
- From a beginner perspective
- From a recruiter perspective
- From a hiring manager perspective
- From a knowledge perspective
- Scrum bodies
- Changed recently, 3 levels
- Recently acquired by PMI -my story
- Based on Scrum, I have done it, very close to Scrum@Scale it seems
- Technical Certifications
- DevOps – ICAgile, SAFe
- Not a unique body