We are seeking a Scrum Master on behalf of one of our partners.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to mainly Business as Usual (BAU) work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.
Scrum Master Qualifications / Skills:
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Five + years as a Scrum Master or similar roles and experience will be considered.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of software development practice, concepts/methodologies (i.e., Agile- with a scrum framework), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices, and standards across the project lifecycle.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability as it relates to Information Technology.
- Familiar with business strategy and assessments (i.e., cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments).
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Highly analytical and a strong problem-solver.
- Highly collaborative with a continuous focus on team development.
- Highly organized and proactive to ensure the team is highly engaged and efficient.
- Engaging leader who is self-motivated and able to inspire the best in others.
- Empathetic team listener.