The basics of Kanban to enable a team to get started. (shu)
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) in December (Weekday)Product on saleCAD
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) in May (Weekday)Product on saleCAD
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) is an introductory course to the Kanban Method. Think about a team that wants to get their feet with Kanban. They want to take something out of training that can improve their flow right away. They don’t want to get into much detail about what Kanban is, the philosophy, and all the tools it can offer. Then Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) is right for you.
Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) can be taken ad as an individual team member or as the whole team. Both can bring benefits to the team.
- Core concepts of the Kanban Method
- Learn the 3 Change Management Principles and the 6 General Practices
- Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve the flow
- Run Kanban meetings to focus on the flow of work
Class Title: Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
Duration: 1 day
The Team Kanban Practitioner course teaches the basics of the Kanban Method and serves as the entry-level starting point to an “alternative path to agility”.
During this one-day interactive course, you will learn what the Kanban Method is, the principles and practices of the Method, and how you can build your Kanban proficiency. You will learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk. You will learn how to design and implement a Team Kanban board (not part of the 2020 editions, see the Training Design Document below). You will also learn how to proceed to the next level with Kanban.
- Learn the Principles and Practices of the Kanban Method
- Design and implement a basic Kanban board
- Learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and identifying the risks associated with them
- Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve flow
- Learn how to run the Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it
- Building a higher level of quality through the use of Team Kanban
Certificate issued: Standard certificate of completion AND Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential certificate. TKP badge shown on KU website and TKP badge file made available to role members.