The core of kanban practices to design and evolve a kanban system. (ha)
Kanban System Design (KSD), or previously was known as Kanban Management Professional I (KMPI), is aimed at people with influence or control over a system; to dig into the system and make it more productive and ultimately customer friendly.
- Understanding Kanban systems
- Experience flow in a Kanban simulation
- Learn and use STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban) to design your Kanban system
- Visual board design and ticket design
Students completing both Kanban System Design and Kanban Systems Improvement classes will earn the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
Class Title: Kanban System Design (KSD) (part I of the KMP Credential)
Duration: 2 days
The Kanban Method is a management method to improve service delivery, catalyze improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”. In this class, we will cover simple concepts that are powerful in helping you organize, understand and manage your work.
You will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate evolutionary change with Kanban. You will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. You will also learn how to become faster and more responsive through better risk management and governance. You will gain practical insights on how to understand your systems of work so that you can implement or improve Kanban within your organization.
- Learn the Principles and Practices of the Kanban Method
- Experience the flow of a Kanban system
- Learn how to identify work item types and classes of service
- Utilize the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban (STATIK) to understand your systems of work and how to design your initial Kanban system
- Learn the fundamentals of visual board design and card design
Certificate issued: Standard certificate of completion only. This is part 1 of a 2-part credential certificate program for KMP Credential.