In this episode, Shahin talks about Kanban Ninja, KLR and New Open Space.
The following have been topics of our conversation:
- Insights from attending Kanban Leadership Retreat in San Diego
- Customized open space format for efficient topic selection and discussion.
- “Kanban ninjas” session in KLR23 to teach techniques for using Kanban method without telling people, focusing on efficiency and effectiveness
- Techniques to smooth burndown chart in scrum fashion, including “look right, look up, look left” rule.
- Encouraging team members to take ownership of tasks by providing excuses for not completing them.
- Discussing techniques like “last one to the meeting” and “CFD with arrival and departure rates” to improve team productivity and time management.
- Encouraging teams to celebrate small victories and identify areas for improvement.
- Assume positive intent keeps a healthy atmosphere in the team.
- Introducing a color-coding voting technique to help teams identify areas for improvement in Kanban maturity model.
- Discussing techniques like “What do you really do well?” to uncover sources of dissatisfaction in a team conversation.